Monday, May 23, 2011

Wedding Cakes

So, I've done it again!  I've gone nearly two months without a single post!  I must be the world's worst blogger.  Well, it all changes today!  I have made a pact with myself to update my blog at least once a week and I plan to hold myself to it!

In my last post, I forecasted a possible wedding cake in my future.  As it turned out, Jayme and Rob (the bride and groom) were brave enough to have me do their cakes for their April 29th wedding reception.  This being my first wedding cake, I have to admit I was a little nervous, but I love a good challenge!  After a design consultation and tasting with Jayme and Rob, we decided to do a two-tiered wedding cake with accompanying cupcakes.  The top tier would be chocolate with raspberry filling and the bottom tier vanilla with lemon curd, both covered in raspberry buttercream.  Rob knew before we even had the tasting that the groom's cake had to be carrot cake, so carrot cake it was.  After countless hours of baking, decorating and coming close to losing my mind, I had two finished cakes that I am really quite proud of.

Jayme's pink wedding cake with fondant rosettes and accompanying cupcakes


Close-up of fondant rosettes

Rob's groom's cake with Canadian and New Zealand flag in honor of his heritage.

All in all I really enjoyed making these cakes and would do it all over again if given the opportunity.  A big thank you to Jayme and Rob for trusting me with this important task!

No comments:

Post a Comment